I am John L. Estes, and I am totally responsible for this website.
I recently retired from the Georgia Tech Research Institute of the Georgia Institute of Technology. I worked there as a Senior Research Engineer. My specialty was embedded software system design and development for scientific instrumentation.
I created this website for non-partisan discussions of ways to improve the American government.
What went wrong with the great American experiment in government? It’s supposed to be “of, by, and for the people”, but instead the people have no power except to stand in long lines to choose between political parties. And we have no control over those parties because they’re in the pockets of big campaign donors. Why do we have such glaring differences between how our government was intended to operate, and how it actually operates?
My job allowed me to order any book from any library in my state university system. So I went searching, asking questions like these:
- What historical principles did America’s founders use as a basis for their own principles?
- How did those founding principles change the world of kings and nobles into our modern world?
- How did the bright promise of those principles result in the corrupt cesspool of political theater our government has become?
- What do we know about our world today that we could not expect our founding fathers to foresee?
- How can conservatives and liberals both be happy without forcing their values down each other’s throats?
- What changes can the American people make to the design of our government to clean up this mess?
These questions led me to spend decades studying broadly in the writings of America’s founders.
And I searched into the writings of many other great thinkers as well. In my research I found some real answers to my questions, and I’ve described them in a book titled, “Proposals for Separating Money and Politics”. I am now beginning the process of finding an agent and a publisher.
This site is for discussing how to improve our political system. It is NOT for discussing party politics or political figures. So if you have a non-partisan question or comment, feel free to leave it below.
Or you can email me (John L. Estes) directly.
Or visit my facebook profile.
7 thoughts on “Who Is John L. Estes?”
Money is the mother’s milk of politics. You cannot run for office without it.
That’s the problem I want us to change.
Are you sure you’re not this ‘John Estes’?
Sorry, this is the correct link:
Same Joh Estes, more appropriate song.
I’m afraid I’m not that famous! 🙂
But you were a musician who performed with rock bands for many years. Can you tell us about it?
What’s there to tell? I never got famous. But I can say I managed to not totally starve to death. Of course I gained 30 pounds as soon as I got out of that business.