You can click on the image below to open a new browser tab opened to the Wikipedia page on James Madison.
Chapter 2 – Federalism versus Anti-Federalism
- America under the Articles of Confederation
- The Founders and the Constitutional Convention
- Adams, Jefferson, and the Constitution
- James Madison’s Quest
- Madison Discovers David Hume
- Majority Rule and Minority Protections
- The New American Federalism
- The Anti-Federalists
- The Anti-Federalists’ Predictions
Chapter 3 – National versus State Sovereignty
- The Bill of Rights
- The Unresolved Question of Federalism
- The National Government Expansion
- The Birth of America’s Political Parties
- The Alien and Sedition Acts
- Thomas Jefferson and the Kentucky Resolutions
- States’ Rights and the Prelude to War
- The American Civil War and Federalism
- Minority Rights and Majority Rule
- Federalism and the Intent of the Founders
Chapter 4 – A Proposal from James Madison
- James Madison’s Self-contradiction
- Madison and the Virginia Resolution
- Madison’s Ingenious Insight
- Who Gets to Make the Final Decisions?
- Is Our Sovereignty Divided or Surrendered?
- The Effects of the Election Process
- From the Eighteenth Century to Today
This site is for discussing how to improve our political system. It is NOT for discussing party politics or political figures. So if you have a non-partisan question or comment, feel free to leave it below.